If you’re a newbie visiting money saving websites or forums, you may have heard the term Blinkie tossed around and wondered what on earth they were talking about. Blinkies are a cute nickname for the coupons that come out of little machines mounted on the aisles in some stores. They get that name because the machines often have a red blinking light designed to draw your attention to the coupons they offer. Tops and Target are just two of the stores in our area that have these Blinkie machines.
While you may have always walked by these machines, I suggest you give them a second look on your next shopping trip. Last time I was in Tops, I found seven blinkie coupons including:
- $.35 off any one variety of Egg Beaters
- $.75 off any three Pillsbury Refrigerated Baked Goods Products
- $.55 off any one variety of Nestle Toll House Refrigerated Cookie Dough
- $.75 off any size Truvia natural sweetener
- $.35 off any three cans of Hunt’s Tomatoes
- Buy any Glade Scented Oil Candles holder, and get a refill pack free (up to $3.99)
- $1 off any Tide Stain Release product
Remember, you don’t have to use the coupons right away. Often times, the coupons have expiration dates of at least a month in the future. I tend to save them to use when the product goes on sale to get the best deal.
Also, don’t forget to check the coupons in these machines every so often – they’re changed about once a month.
Drop me a comment if you know of other stores that have blinkie machines in the Rochester area that I should check out. Thanks for your help!