For those families who love fairs, summer is your season. Tomorrow, July 14th is the first day of the Monroe County Fair which runs through July 18th. While taking your family to the fair could cost you quite a bit of money there are plenty of ways to save and still have a great time. Here’s a few money saving ideas for the Monroe County Fair.
· July 14th is a great day to go because it’s discount day – buy one gate admission and get one free.
· For the younger crowd, kids 12 and under get free admission every day of the fair.
· Check out the Monroe County Fair’s facebook page and you can print out a coupon for $5 off an all-day ride pass. With the coupon an all day ride pass is only $15. Not bad for a full day of entertainment for all the dare-devils out there!
· Before you go, take a look at the Fair Schedule for a listing of all the free events you can attend. NASA’s Journey to Tomorrow exhibit, Chainsaw carving demonstrations, and the Rooster crowing competition are just a few of the interesting events that caught my eye!
· For those who like horses, there are free events every day including a Polo Club demonstration and a horse and pony show.
· The fair offers a Toddler Square which features activities just for kids 4 and under which is free with fair admission. Kids can enjoy their own art fair and stamping fun in separate and secure area just for them!
· If you’re looking for free music, Friday July 16th features the Extreme Band Mania which is a fun battle of the bands from 1:30pm to 7:00pm.
These are just a few ideas – I’d love to hear more of your yours!